To our fellow community members,
We are experiencing unprecedented times in regards to the outbreak of a virus respiratory illness known as the Coronavirus or COVID-19. All of us are involved in one way or another and need to work together in hopes of slowing the community spread and keeping our retailers, office employees, vendors, and visitors healthy.
Until further notice and effective Saturday, March 28, 2020, Merle Hay Mall will be temporarily CLOSED.
Stores with outside entrances and/or essential businesses (such as restaurants) may be open, however, their mall gate is closed. Call ahead to see if the business you want to pick up from is available.
The CDC has recently published the following, of which is taken directly from their website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-business-response.html
Per the CDC, “the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus.” However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Make sure you rub your fingers into the palm of your hand to cleanse under your fingernails. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are at higher risk due to existing medical conditions or are an older adult, please take extra precaution.
- If you do become sick with respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please stay home to avoid spreading the virus to others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Everyday habits like these can help prevent the spread of several viruses.
The CDC also suggests keeping yourself informed as new information is released, and following public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds, and other social distancing measures.
The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Management Office at 515-276-8551, option 5 or at email@example.com.
Stay healthy and safe ♥